Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Girl Scouts October meeting




I'm about a month behind on this post...oops!
This was our second brownie troop meeting this fall. The first one you can read about HERE.

After handing out permission forms for our next outing, and copies of the meeting/snack schedule, we opened with the Girl Scout Promise.

Then I taught the girls the Brownie Smile Song...
 
I've got something in my pocket, it belongs across my face.
I keep it very close at hand, in a most convenient place.
I'm sure you couldn't guess it if you guessed a long, long while.
So I'll take it out and put it on, it's a Great Big Brownie Smile!






Since it is October we made paper pumpkins out of construction paper and pipe cleaners. I precut the paper strips and let them do the rest. Here is a helpful you tube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N29mcqHpNKo


I wanted to get a picture of all the finished pumpkins, but those Brownies had too much sugar and I could not contain them long enough to even hold their pumpkins for a quick picture :(
But Emma can't escape me..ha ha..here she is with her finished pumpkin:




For our closing we sang Make New Friends, but I taught them an extra verse ... they are going to have a lot to remember for the next meeting!


Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
The other is gold
A circle’s round
It has no end
That’s how long
I want to be your friend
A rainbow goes from here to there
That’s how girl scouts learn to care and share


 


No comments:

Post a Comment