Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Daughter-In-Law Day

This might make some of you jealous, but I'm gonna brag on my wonderful mother-in-law. A few years ago, she made up a holiday to celebrate her daughters-in-law. She planned a day to make us feel special, and chose August 23. Allow me to explain why she chose this day.

The word "daughter" has 8 letters.


The word "in" has 2 letters.


The word "law" has 3 letters.


Are you with me?


8-2-3


August 23!


It might not surprise you that she happens to be a math teacher :D

Every year on August 23rd, she sends me a very beautifully written letter about how much she appreciates me, how she feels about me being wed to her son, what makes me a great mom, basically everything a gal needs to hear in the midst of a long day filled with laundry, dishes, fixing meals, sibling rivalry, bills, etc.

Its one of the nicest things anyone has done for me, and it comes every year! Lucky me!

If that wasn't great enough, she also includes a gift card to one of my favorite stores. Yes, she IS the best!

So this isn't about spoiling someone. It is about finding a unique way to celebrate someone you love in your own way. A way that's different from the typical birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc.

Thank you Rhonda for giving the world the most wonderful son so that he could be mine. And for being a great "Neena" to my girls. And for being an awesome mom-in-law! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment