Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bumblebee pretzel snacks

Laila's preK class earns "bees" for doing good things and being kind. Last year I made some bee snacks out of cookies, mini Twix bars, and marshmallows. Click HERE to see how I made those.

They earned another 30 bees, so this week, I did something a little different and made bee pretzel snacks. I bought mini pretzels, chocolate bark, white chocolate bark, and yellow food coloring.

I melted the chocolate in the microwave using the "melt" feature, which I have never used before. I kept an eye on it and for using half of the package, I did the program twice. It worked great!



Steps:
1. Melt white chocolate
2. Add yellow food coloring
2. Dip top end of pretzel into yellow chocolate
4. Lay on wax paper to cool
5. Melt chocolate bark
6. Dip other end of pretzel into the chocolate
7. Lay on wax paper to cool
8. Spoon some of the melted chocolate into a baggie
9. Snip a tiny piece off the corner
10. Pipe stripes onto your bumblebee pretzels.





 


I got lazy and did not add eyes (mainly because I forgot to save some of the white before I added the yellow food coloring and I didn't want to melt more). Also, this was for 4-5yr olds and I knew they wouldn't care! :)

Since I had extra milk chocolate leftover, I made some plain chocolate ones for Emma for an afterschool snack cause she loves 'em too!!



Way to go PreK class!! Oh, it was technically a bee party/costume day, so they got to dress up. I couldn't talk her out of her kitty tail and ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment