Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Coffee Themed Burlap Kitchen Valance

How much do you love this?! I have been wanting to make a burlap valance for my kitchen window for a long time. If I had known how easy it really is, I would have done this way back then. I love burlap and I am glad I waited until I happened to find this coffee themed print. John was actually in Hobby Lobby with me and he suggested I get it! So thanks honey!

 
 


These look like 3 different shades, but they are all the same piece of fabric. I was trying different angles to get different shots of it. It is just a neutral burlap color.

It has coffee themed sayings all over it; wake up, time to smell the coffee, keep calm and drink coffee, top of the morning, espresso delight, cappuccino, frappuccino, and caffe mocha which is my favorite treat!


 


I bought 2 yards at $5.99/yd; printed burlap costs a little more than plain. But with a 40% off coupon, you could save $2.40/yd! I really only needed a half yard. My kitchen window is 44" wide, which lucky for me is the same width as most fabric! So all I had to do was figure out how long I wanted it, and cut! For the top, I just ironed over a top edge to make it look more even. I didn't sew a stitch, just used these black clips that a friend gave me and hung them. Easy peasy! So this adorable piece of fabric you see in my kitchen only cost $2!! That's after coupon, use those craft store coupons every time you go!

While I was in the coffee mood, I tried my first diy sharpie mug. I didn't have scrapbook sticker letters so I just kinda "winged" it. But I think it turned out cute and I'm ready to grab some more mugs (and some scrapbook stickers) and try some more! Here is a pic of my monogram "M" mug. Blog post on it coming soon, it is not as thrifty as the valance because oil based sharpies are not cheap, but I used pink, silver, and gold on this one. I will be making use of more 40% coupons so I can stock up on more colors. I found them on an end cap in Michaels.



Coffee, anyone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment