Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February!



I have always decorated for Halloween and Christmas.

But not so much for Valentines.

Probably because I'm lazy and just leave up my snowmen decorations till April and call it good - hey its still winter right?

But thanks to Pinterest, there are no more excuses! There are so many ideas for how to decorate for EVERYTHING under the sun! So I decided this year to put up just a little Valentine decor in my home. Unfortunately I do not have a mantle so I usually set out my seasonal decor on my china cabinet.

First, my front door wreath (that I made for Christmas) is red and white with snowflake details, so I decided that it could stay for another month since those colors are perfect for February. I wrapped a styrofoam wreath form with red and white yarn, into 4 sections, using hot glue every few inches to keep the yarn in place. Then made crosscrosses with the same colors and added some snowflake jewels that were used on the tables at a friend's wedding reception.



I also had an old heart-shaped grapevine wreath laying around that I've been trying to decide what to do with. I found these sweet little heart shaped felt flowers on pinterest. They are sold on Etsy $6 for 6 pieces, but I decided that with a little felt, I could easily make these myself. I used my Cricut to cut all the hearts (most are 2-3" size) and then hot glued them into place.





These candles are just empty mason jars that I filled with epsom salt and placed red tealights in:



I found a pretty glass with valentine words written on it. I placed it next to the mason jar candles and filled it with artificial red rose petals. {If you have little girls, they are destined to be flower girls at some point; I think we are up to 5 weddings now. And you are bound to collect mounds of these petals over the years. Why I still have them I have no idea but they came in handy for this. )

PRINTABLE SUBWAY ART!! This is one of my favorite new things. So easy to print out and place in a frame. The hardest part is choosing which one to print! I can't, for the life of me, remember where I downloaded this one from; I thought I pinned it on Pinterest, but can't find it now. But there are lots of great blogs out there that have free printables available for all seasons!



I just needed one more thing to pull it all together. I am seeing so many pendants in the craft blog world that I decided to throw one together. I found some old crosstitch material leftover from my crosstitching days (years ago!) and bought some new Valentine fabric. Lucky for me, I found a fabric that spelled out "LOVE", so I just cut the letters out and stitched them onto the material and hung it all up. I'm not loving how it sorta covers up the frame in the back, but without a mantle, I dealt with what I have.



My V-Day decor total was less than $10.

Felt for heart flowers...$4 (the sparkly felt is $1.00 each, the plain felt is .30 each)

Dollar Tree glass...$1.00

Valentine fabric...$4.48

Printable Subway Art...FREE!

Everything else I already had on hand.

Happy Valentines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment