Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day!


Ours started off with a Sweetheart Dance last week. The preschool that our youngest goes to hosts this every year for all the kids and their families.  I'm so thankful to be married to a thoughtful man - he thought ahead and ordered them corsages for the dance! How sweet is that?! He is a true romantic - it is so nice after Christmas to sit back and let him plan for Valentines. He always spoils us! Tonight he surprised us with 3 roses, one for each of "his girls", and chocolates too.

Sweetheart Dance





Parties


Today, both girls had Valentine parties at their schools. Laila wore her new Love tee that I made her a couple weeks ago.  For 3-4 yr olds, they are happy enough exchanging Valentine cards. Here she is looking through her goody bag after she got home:



For Emma's class, I made these really cute Oreo pops that I had pinned on pinterest from HipHipHooray. It took me awhile to figure out the trick, but I managed to have enough decent ones for everyone in the class to have 1. The trick is to use melted chocolate to set the lollipop stick inside the cookie, and allow it to set BEFORE you dip the cookie in chocolate. I made several of these that fell apart, and I was about to give up until I figured that out. The melted chocolate really adds a lot of weight to the oreos and they just don't stand a chance without some "glue" holding the insides together.

Oreo Pops








Minute To Win It Game


For Emma's class (2nd grade) I usually plan a game for each classroom party. Last year I did Valentine Bingo. This year I wanted something different. Our church hosted a Minute To Win It game night recently for families and the kids really got into it, so when I found this Minute to Win it game idea on pinterest, I knew I had to try it out. I printed a game sheet for each student and gave each of them a snack size bag of the candy that they would need for the game (the Red Vines didn't fit in the bags so I had one of the students pass them out):





They had to follow directions by:

1) bite off each end of the Red Vines

2) dump the pixy powder into the circle, then blow it out of the circle using the Red Vine

3) open the kiss using only 1 hand

4) then arrange the M&Ms and complete the math problem.

They had so much fun with this!

Like a true scientist,  I had Emma test it out for me at home first:



It was definitely a hit and the best part was that everyone got the right answer because everyone's combination of M&Ms was different! They got so excited yelling out their answers to see if anyone else had the same answer or not.

Happy Valentines everyone! And go tell someone you love them!!

1 Corinthians 13:7    Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 comment: