Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Welcome baby Grant!

I am a very proud aunt...introducing our newest nephew...GRANT.




We got to meet him over the weekend and love on him and breathe in that wonderful sweet baby smell. Don't you just wish you could bottle that smell? ahhhh...

Emma really surprised us by how much she loved holding him. He snuggled into her and slept so good she said "mommy this is easy!" And later that day she said "this is the best day ever!" I think she was in love as much as the rest of us!

Laila on the other hand held him for about a minute, giggled, and was on to something else. She did ask LOTS of questions about him though.


It fills my heart to see my brother-in-law and sister-in-law as new parents!




The day after he was born, I was sidewalk chalking outside with the kids and decided to take this picture. I printed and framed it for his room, which is Candyland themed.



You might have seen my post awhile back on the Candyland baby shower. Well, I couldn't help but contribute some of the decor to the room. Thank you Erin for letting me do this!



Candyland fabric is pretty rare to come by, but the new mommy was able to find some on eBay. She ordered 2 pieces of coordinating fabric which I made wall decor out of. I used the same method I used when I made the fabric memo boards so you can read the steps to that here. Basically, I just laid a piece of quilt batting over a 16 x 20 canvas, laid the fabric over the batting, and stapled to the back.

So welcome to this crazy world sweet baby!


May your world be filled with frogs and snails and puppy dog tails!


2 comments:

  1. I love reading this. Thanks for keeping me up to date on my two special girls. I'll be at Mike and Rhonda's the week of July 9th. Can we get together? Maybe they can spend a night with me. Ly Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete