Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Diaper Wreath

Diaper Wreath
What do you do for someone who has 4 daughters and another {unknown gender} baby on the way? Diaper Shower!! A member of our church life group is expecting baby #5 any day. We meet in our home once a week to study the previous Sunday's sermon. We have about 5 families, including lots of kids that attend. It's great because it is a way to feel more connected to our church family, and develop stronger friendships within that family.
So for this week's life group meeting, we asked everyone to bring a box of diapers so we could surprise the expecting family and shower them with blessings. One of our members happens to be a caterer, so she brought lots of goodies for us to enjoy too. We sure covered the "fellowship" part this week!


I know that looks like Laila, but it is just her little lookalike. :) She is one of the lucky sisters to be! She photobombed the gift table and blocked the wreath, but it is standing up in between the boxes in the center of the table.

I've never made a diaper wreath before, and no, I did not make it up. Ha! There are tons of different kinds and tutorials out there. I went with the very simple kind. I used a plastic embroidery hoop for the base, and pink and blue ribbons to tie them on to the hoop. I started with one and just worked my way around, alternating the pink and blue as I worked. Then I tied on some travel sized baby wash and shampoo and infant socks to accessorize it. How practical is that?! She can use everything on this wreath! Some of the fancier tutorials I saw use hot glue, which makes the diapers unusable. Too wasteful for me! Diapers are expensive I couldn't imagine just throwing them away like that. I only used about 15 diapers to make this, so the rest of the box of 100 is my gift. We collected about 5 large boxes of Pampers, which should last a couple of months.






 
So if you are out of ideas on what to give for a baby shower gift, here ya go. You could use a wire wreath form if you want to make a really big one. You could hang it on the door for guests to see as they arrive at a shower, or you could make it to match the décor of the baby's nursery to hang on the nursery door.
I can always find a reason to make a wreath and a place to display it!

No comments:

Post a Comment