Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Patriotic wreath

Summertime calls for a patriotic wreath.
I have not yet made myself a red, white, and blue wreath so I made sure to make myself one this summer.






 


First I bought a 16 inch straw wreath form for $5. then I grabbed a piece of burlap about a yard or so in the Walmart fabric scrap bin on the side of the cutting table. It was only $2! All of the shabby flowers I made out of my fabric scraps. The letter K I bought for $1 and spray painted it red. So here you have an $8 project!

I cut the burlap into strips, then wrapped the wreath form with the strips, hot gluing as I made my way around. Then I used hot glue to make the shabby flowers. I want to be able to change out the flowers for different seasons, so instead of hot gluing them to the wreath, I used straight pins that can be removed without damaging the flowers or the burlap. Then next summer I can pin them right back on!

I used twine to hang the letter in the middle, then a bright red ribbon to hang the wreath.

I could trim the burlap strings, but I want to keep the shabby look so I decided to leave it alone.

A little late for Memorial Day, but in plenty of time for 4th of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment