Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...I've loved that song since I was little, and just the phrase "my favorite things" makes the song pop into my head...along with visions of Julie Andrews dancing around with the kids in The Sound of Music.

Well, here are a few of my favorite things this time of year...

Baking! Here is my Christmas cookie jar that my mom gave me.




Filled with our favorite...Chocolate Chip Cookies!



A baking themed plate from Hallmark.



It reads:
 
 
"In this family

we do sprinkles

we do sharing

we do double batches

we do (real) butter

we do flour fights...{ok not really, but I didn't make the plate}

we do holidays

we do Love."


My favorite coffee mug that I bought with the plate at Hallmark.


 

Vintage Christmas tree candy dish that once belonged to my grandmother.



Christmas stories
We are big on reading around here so here is a collection of our favorite Christmas/winter books



Christmas movies...our family favorites...The Polar Express and Christmas Vacation!
 





Christmas tunes...our favorites are:
Emma...Silent Night
Me...O Holy Night
John...Carol of the Bells
All of us...Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24 by Transiberian Orchestra
 

I love this season!!
Take time to enjoy your favorite things!!






No comments:

Post a Comment