Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Little league snack night

There are many fun treats you can make with Rice Krispies. When I was little, my mom always made M&M Rice Krispie treats for me to take to school on my birthday. She added M&Ms into the mixture...it was my favorite!

I saw this idea on pinterest and decided to make these baseball rice Krispie treats for my daughter's little league team this week.

You just make the rice krispie mixture as usual. Then instead of spreading in a cake pan, you use wax paper to help push the mixture into muffin pans. That way, you get equal sized "baseballs". Then you spread melted white almond bark on top and pipe the red lines on. I had planned on simply adding some red food coloring to the last of the melted almond bark to use for the red lines. Well, friends, that doesn't work cause it immediately clumped...so off to Walmart I ran. And so glad I did because I found Cakemate Glitter Gels!

Ingredients used:


Rice krispies (9 cups)


Marshmallows (1 1/2 bags)


Butter


Almond bark


Red decorating gel


I used cellophane bags to individually wrap them. This recipe made 28 treats which was plenty extra for all the younger siblings that like to be included at snack time. They deserve it too after sitting through a 90 min game. Ok, they don't sit, there's a playground, snack bar, lots of other kids, etc, but still...


I wish I would've had the camera ready at the moment after the game when there was a mad rush of 18 little girls all scrambling for a treat bag and a Gatorade! Priceless!








GO TEAM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment