Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Kitchenaid Mixer!

[caption id="attachment_484" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="How FUN is this?!"][/caption]

Thanks to my amazing mama, my kitchen has a new accessory...my new Kitchenaid stand mixer! It has only been on my wish list for a short while, but she knows I love to bake. She came over last month to watch our kids while we went away for our anniversary, and surprised me with it. I'm loving the flat beater that scrapes the sides of the bowl so perfectly.


So naturally I had to spruce it up with a cute decal...or in my husband's words "pimped it out". There are so many cute decals out there (or you can print your own using vinyl) that it was hard to choose just one. They are all so much fun! I found a cute subway art style baking one on Etsy for 5 bucks! Once I opened it, I could tell that I was going to have trouble applying it as one whole sheet, so I decided I was going to have to use a little patience and apply the words individually.  I took a picture of the sheet prior to cutting so that I could refer to it for each step. And mine came with a handy little craft stick to help transfer the letters.




[caption id="attachment_486" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="This is what the vinyl decal looks like when you open it."][/caption]

All you do is


1. peel off the backing


2. use the stick to rub the edges of the letters onto your material


 3. peel off the transfer paper...EASY!




[caption id="attachment_485" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="You can still see the transfer paper on the word "eggs". This peels right off after rubbing the letters onto the material."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_487" align="aligncenter" width="152" caption="Top view"][/caption]

So far, I have made banana bread, coffee cake, and even mixed meatloaf with my new love! And I have so many new recipes I cant wait to try out thanks to my Mops group. A fellow Mops mom compiled recipes from everyone and we made these adorable cookbooks.



This is my sour cream coffeecake all ready to go to MOPS! I used a recipe I found on Brown Paper Packages' blog. It looked so good after baking that I skipped the whole glaze step. It was so scrumptious that I only had a couple pieces left to bring home!


 

Another accessory adorning my kitchen...


BAKE letters!



The idea was inspired by a kitchen update I saw at Lemonade Makin Mama. I do not have a lot of wall space in my kitchen so I just made mine on a smaller scale. I bought the wooden letters at Michaels and spray painted them silver.



With my new kitchen decor, I am looking forward to baking dessert for Easter this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment