Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Candyland Baby Shower

This past weekend I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law. She is expecting her first baby very soon and they chose not to find out the sex. They are decorating the nursery with a neutral Candyland theme. So, naturally, the baby shower was also a Candyland theme. Her sister did an amazing job planning this!

Invitations



Decorations


Each table displayed a color coordinated tablecloth and featured a character from the original game. The centerpieces were large mason jars with matching candies glued onto colorful skewers.




[caption id="attachment_578" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Jolly - gumdrops as centerpiece"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_579" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Mr. Mint - peppermints of course!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_593" align="aligncenter" width="207" caption="Lord Licorice"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_595" align="aligncenter" width="92" caption="Queen Frostine"][/caption]

Each setting had these cute blowpops as favors:



She also made giant balloon pops out of balloons, PVC pipes, and cellophane: I believe this idea came from Tip Junkie/Parents.com.


 


Let them eat cake!



Candyland diaper cake


While scouring the internet for Candyland ideas, I saw a super cute diaper cake in a Candyland theme and decided I would try my first ever diaper cake! I ordered the ribbon on Etsy and bought pacifiers that were on her registry and hung those around the outside. It was very easy to create. I rolled about 70 diapers, rubber banded each one, and rubber banded each layer all together. There is a bottle of baby lotion holding up the center (hidden).



I just thought everything turned out fabulous! Just like the game, everything was so colorful, from the game-inspired pathway on the floor, to the table decor, to the cake...loved it all! And I am even more excited than ever to meet my little niece or nephew!!

[caption id="attachment_583" align="alignleft" width="199" caption="The mama to be with my first born"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_584" align="alignleft" width="200" caption="There are so many captions I could put here...he he...love this pose!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_585" align="alignleft" width="199" caption="Aunt-to-be who planned this shower. She's busy capturing photos. Great job Leslie!"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment