Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Kitty Cat Tea Party Birthday

Laila turned 5 this fall and wanted a kitty cat birthday party. I found plates, napkins, and decor at our local party store.

I found a kitty cat cake on Betty Crockers website. Click HEREfor the link.
It is just 2 round cake pans cut into a few shapes and pieced together using frosting. I used m & m's for the eyes and nose, and black licorice for the whiskers and front paws.

 
 
 

This cake was for our "family" party. And I also really wanted to give her a miniature tea party with a few friends to celebrate her turning 5. She invited 5 little girls who dressed up and came over to our home for tea, lemonade, tea sandwiches, fruit kabobs, and mini marshmallows. The dishes they used were Laila's great-great grandmothers! It was her china and was passed down to me, which I am very thankful for!











 

 

My 5 year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment