Helping you to satisfy your taste for crafts on a budget.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might," Ecclesiastes 9:10
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Updated Living Room

So we have lived in our home for nearly 11 years and have never painted the main living room! We have painted kids bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, even the man cave, but never the main living area. So it was finally time. We picked Behr paint in Plateau, a light beige tone.




It isn't a huge change but after realizing how plain and dirty our white walls were, it was a necessary change. This room gets lots of sunlight, and it is just the right amount of warmth I was looking for. With a bi-level home, the area above the stairs can be very tricky, but John tackled it without any trouble. See him in action...one foot on the ladder, the other on the ledge...yikes!





Here are the new walls:


 Not sure what to put on the half wall above the steps. Any ideas??



 I painted a lot of frames black when I was hanging pictures back up. I really need to update the large 20 x 24 portrait on the left, it is 3 years old!
The wedding portrait frame used to be gold. I very carefully taped off the painted canvas and spray painted the edges.






This is the wall that connects the living room and dining room. My Thomas Kinkade painting that we bought on a cruise is in the center. On the left is a free printable:

"People who love to eat are always the best people...Julia Child"
 
On the right is just a crazy family picture.
 
Credit to the source Girl Wife Mom

 
 
The dining room accent wall was already painted a green color but I still needed to update the frames.

I found 2 free printables:

Credit to the source Creatively Southern.

Credit to the source I Heart Naptime.



Downstairs I updated one wall on the side of the stairs. I was sort of going for a look I saw on another blog you can see HERE, I love the gallery look. I bought 4 initials; 1 for each of our names. These were already painted. I just hung them using ribbon and command hooks.




So that was our big Labor Day Project. Luckily the kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the weekend so that we could tackle this project. Thanks Mom and Dad! Then I spent the month of September finding old frames (from my own closets) and spray painting them and updating them. We purchased 4 gallons of paint at $34.98 each, but only used 3. And on Labor Day weekend, Home Depot offered a $10/can rebate. So I have a $40 rebate on its way! So basically I got the 4th gallon free, I just need to find someone who can use it.

I think we are done with big painting projects for awhile...happy Fall everyone!
Now what to do with that $40 Home Depot Rebate...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment